Whether you have had a simple fender bender or your car has been totaled, the Law Offices of Marc S. Ward are prepared to represent your interests. Request A Free Case Evaluation: (301) 662-2911. Whether you were the victim of the accident, or you were “determined to be at fault,” our attorneys have years of experience dealing with civil liability arising out of accidents, but can also represent you in criminal court for any citations that may have been issued. We can advise you as to options, rights, consequences with your driver’s license, and also help you get the medical care you need. While we successfully settle the majority of these cases, we often take cases to court when we believe the insurance company is being unjust. Call us today at (301) 662-2911 to speak with a Frederick, MD car accident lawyer at our office. Our Maryland car accident attorney will review your case in detail to determine the extent of damage you have suffered and get you the best possible settlement for your loss and injuries.
- Are You Taking On New Clients During The COVID-19 Lockdown?
- What Steps Should I Take If I Have Been Injured In An Auto Wreck?
- What Happens If I Experience Delayed Symptoms Of Injury After An Accident?
A commonly asked question is “What can I expect to recover for my injuries in an automobile accident?” The most important criteria for valuing the accident claim are the following:
- what the injuries were, their extent and duration; and,
- the effect the bodily injuries had on the overall physical and mental health of the injured person; and,
- inconvenience caused by the injuries.
I’ve Just Been In A Car Accident! What Steps Should I Take And When Do I Need An Auto Accident Attorney?
- Get to a safe area. Roads are dangerous to stand on, so pull your vehicle off to the shoulder, if you are able to. If your vehicle is no longer able to operate, you should turn on your hazard lights and stay inside your car until emergency responders arrive.
- Call 911 or the police. In any accident, you need to have a police officer investigate the situation and generate a police report. Documentation of your original account of what happened is very important when discovering who was at fault for the auto crash.
- Get medical treatment. Auto accidents are usually forceful collisions that can cause a plethora of injuries to your body. Injuries from car accidents often catch people off guard days after the accident occurs. Seek medical attention, even if you don’t believe that you’re injured.
- Contact an experienced car accident attorney in Frederick, MD to advise you on how you can protect your legal rights.
Can I Still File A Claim If I Was Partially To Blame For The Accident?
Maryland subscribes to a pure comparative negligence doctrine when dealing with all personal injury claims, including auto accidents. Even if you were 90% at fault for the accident that injured you, you are still entitled to recover for the ten percent of damages that have been attributed to the negligence of the other party in the case. Deciding which percentage of fault is to be attributed to each party is very complex and will be up to the jury or judge, if your case goes all the way to trial. An experienced Frederick, MD auto accident attorney is able to advise you on whether or not your claim might succeed. Contact the car accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Marc C. Ward today for a free claim evaluation.
What If I Was In An Accident With A Driver Who Doesn’t Have Insurance?
In Maryland, motorists are required to carry a certain amount of uninsured and underinsured motorist insurance coverage. This coverage provides protection when injuries are caused by a negligent driver who fails to carry insurance coverage for the costs or who has not purchased insurance at all. This type of insurance is carried on your own policy in order to protect you. If you are hit by a driver who is uninsured or is underinsured, your own insurance company will be liable for the resulting damages that you suffer.
Uninsured/underinsured insurance claims operate the same way any other accident claim would, other than the fact that you recover from your own insurance company instead of from the other party’s carrier. It is important to remember that the representatives of your own insurance company are still not really on your side. Just like any company, they will only be looking to minimize losses and maximize profits. Contacting an experienced car accident attorney in Frederick is the best way to make sure that you are protected.
Maryland Laws For Entering A Highway
Many Maryland auto accidents are a result of drivers failing to yield properly when they enter and exit highways. Drivers in Maryland must know their responsibility to other vehicles on the road. When entering a highway, drivers must yield to all oncoming traffic and they must use caution. If you have been injured by a driver who was illegally entering a highway in the Frederick area, contact an auto accident attorney.
Statute of Limitations in Maryland
Maryland law limits the amount of time that you, as an auto accident victim, have to file your claim for damages. Victims who suffer property damage and/or a bodily injury have three years from the date of the accident to file their claim in Maryland. An auto accident attorney is the best source for helping you determine the statute of limitations that applies to your case. There are extremely limited circumstances where the statute of limitations could be extended:
- If there was a reasonable delay in the discovery of your injury.
- If the defendant cannot be located.
- If the defendant is currently incarcerated.
- If the victim is a minor or is a disabled person.
Damages: Victims who have been injured due to another party’s negligence have the right to seek both economic and non-economic damages. A knowledgeable Frederick, MD auto accident attorney can assist you with calculating and categorizing all the damages in your case.
Economic Damages: Economic damages cover documented and verifiable monetary losses. These can include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Employment loss
- Loss of the use of your property
- The cost of repairing or replacing your property
- Burial or end-of-life expenses
Non-Economic Damages: Non-economic damages cover non-monetary losses, which can include:
- Pain and suffering, both physical and emotional
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium or loss of companionship
- General inconvenience
- Damage of reputation
- Humiliation or embarrassment
Experienced Maryland Auto Accident Attorneys
Hiring a car accident attorney to handle your Frederick auto accident lawsuit is the best way to help you to maximize the potential amount of compensation that you can recover for your damages. At the Law Offices of Marc S. Ward, our attorneys truly understand just how paramount fair compensation for your injury can be to your wellbeing. The attorneys at our firm have decades of experience handling complex auto accident cases like yours and we will not stop fighting for you.
If you have been injured in an auto accident and you believe that the other party was at fault, do not hesitate to contact the Law Offices of Marc S. Ward to set up a free case evaluation today. Time is limited for you to have your case evaluated and file a claim. Don’t risk exceeding the statute of limitation on your case and losing your chance to receive the compensation you deserve for the injuries you’ve suffered. Contact our office today and place years of experience squarely in your corner.
The Law Offices of Marc S. Ward firm understands that your time is valuable. We will specifically seek recovery for the above as well as your property damage, if appropriate, medical expenses, and lost wages. If necessary, we will aid in obtaining a rental car, and will negotiate the property damage, rental car rate, and duration. Discuss your case with our Auto accident lawyer in Frederick, MD by calling (301) 662-2911. We offer a Free Case Evaluation to new clients.
Possible traffic citations (issued by the police) arising from traffic accidents are as follows (the list is not exhaustive):
- Failure to Control Speed to Avoid Collision
- Unsafe Backing
- Failure to Drive Right of Center
- Negligent Driving
- Reckless Driving
- Hit and Run – resulting in property damage, bodily injury, etc.
- Driving Uninsured
We look at you as a person, not just a name on a file folder – we can help you with all of your legal needs at the Law Offices of Marc S. Ward – no need to hire multiple attorneys!! Marc and Anthony will handle your case in a way to ensure that you are protected in all aspects – whether criminal, civil, or at the MVA. Dial (301) 662-2911 to speak with a Maryland car accident attorney and discuss your case. Our Auto accident lawyer in Frederick, MD will review your case thoroughly to determine the extent of damages. We can help you in all kinds of road accidents, whether they involve reckless driving, speeding, negligent driving, uninsured driving or driving while under the influence.
Get your questions answered - Call (301) 662-2911 for a free defense strategy session.